Closing Date: 22/03/2019
(1) The education and welfare of designated classes or groups of learners in accordance with the requirements of Conditions of Employment of School Teachers, having due regard to the Nightingale Community Academy’s aims, objectives, schemes of work, and policies.
(2) To share in the corporate responsibility for the wellbeing and pastoral care of all learners.
(3) To carry out any reasonable instructions given by the Principal or Senior Leadership Team.
For full details please click here: Secondary Teacher JD
- Qualified Teacher Status (or QTS anticipated)
- Recent successful experience of working with and/or teaching learners with special educational needs within a school setting
For full details please click here: Secondary Teacher PS
Nightingale Community Academy caters for learners aged 5-19 who have Social, Emotional and Mental Health as their primary SEN need. Some learners also have Autistic Spectrum Disorder, ADHD, or other learning difficulties. At Nightingale Community Academy we are committed to raising the expectations of our learner group, removing barriers to learning and delivering attainment at the highest level.
“Since the start of the school in September 2016, the principal and his leadership team have shown a tireless determination to improve the education it offers. Their ‘no excuses’ approach means that nothing other than the highest quality of education is good enough”. (Ofsted February 2019) – (The full Ofsted Report, is now available on our website).
Nightingale Community Academy is committed to a multi-disciplinary approach to meeting learners’ needs, and promotes high quality professional development for all staff.
It is strongly advised that you contact the school to arrange a visit. To arrange, or to discuss the post further with the Principal or Assistant Principal please email email@example.com or phone to make an appointment.
To apply for the role please send your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that CV applications will not be considered.
Closing Date: Friday 22 March 2019 (noon)
Interview Date: Week commencing 1 April 2019.