HAF Easter Unlocked Activity Programme
We are delighted to let you know that your child is eligible to attend ‘Wandsworth’s Holiday Activities and Food Programme 2022’ otherwise known as Easter Unlocked.
The Easter unlocked programme is for young people and families, in receipt of free school meals, aged 4 – 19 years (up to 25 years with additional needs). It provides access to activities and services during the Easter Holidays, including a nutritious meal and a fun physical activity every day. All Easter Unlocked activities will provide an element of nutritional education, and the meals provided will meet dietary requirements and food standards. There will also be on-site access to support and information about other services you may need.
What do you need to do?
- Look through the link on Wandsworth Unlocked online below with your child/ren to decide which activities they would like to attend.
- You can filter the activities by age and by location, but you can go anywhere in Wandsworth to attend an activity!
- If your child has special educational needs and disabilities (SEND), please provide more information online when you are making the booking. This is to ensure that your child is supported to take part in and enjoy the activities, so please provide as much detail as you can. If your child has a high level of support and/or behavioural needs, or you would like any support to book onto an activity please get in touch with us:
- All places are booked on a first come, first served basis. However, there may be cancellations, so keep checking online – a space may become free!
- You will be able to see all the activities, what time they start and finish and where they are located on your Profile homepage making it easier for you to know where to do.
- Relax and get ready to have fun this Easter….
- Please note: When booking, please ensure you read the activity information and recommended ages to avoid being turned away; the council cannot take any responsibility if this occurs.
What do you need to know?
The Holiday Activity and Food (HAF) programme is funded by the Department of Education (DfE) to enable the provision of activities and food for children, with a particular focus on those in receipt of free school meals.
The aim of the programme is to encourage children to:
- Eat more nutritiously over the school holidays
- Be more active during the school holidays
- Take part in engaging and enriching activities which support the development of resilience, character, and wellbeing along with their wider educational attainment
- Be safe and not to be socially isolated
- Have a greater knowledge of nutrition and well-being
- Be more engaged with school and other local services
- We also want to ensure that the families who participate in this programme: develop their understanding of nutrition and food budgeting.
We will be collecting special category data including information on ethnicity and health (including special educational needs). This data will be used as part of the mandatory requirement for safeguarding children’s’ needs. The health information will also ensure your child is safe and fully supported to take part in our holiday activities.
Aggregated data will be shared with the Department of Education to ensure future funding for holiday activities. This will be provided to them anonymously and collectively, not at an individual child level. More information can be found on our booking system.
How to book?
Visit the website https://londonboroughofwandsworth.coordinate.cloud/ and search for ‘HAF Easter Unlocked’ or scan the QR code below
Head of Child Health, Well-Being, and Early Help